Jump to navigation Jump to search
SPARQL is the query language used by the query service.
You can read more about SPARQL here, on Wikidata. This has different parts:
- Building a Query examples
- very very very many examples on Wikidata -- this is the best way to learn, at least for me
- Wikidata Query Service user manual, which includes an explication of the 'label' service
- a description of the different views on results that are possible; note that each view expects the data to arrive for each row in a specific order as a tuple, even bound to a variable of fixed name
- a gentle introduction to the Wikidata Query Service
On this site, it is customary to use some prefixes:
PREFIX pdio: <https://wiki.personaldata.io/entity/> PREFIX pdiot: <https://wiki.personaldata.io/prop/direct/> PREFIX pdiop: <https://wiki.personaldata.io/prop/> PREFIX pdiops: <https://wiki.personaldata.io/prop/statement/> PREFIX pdiopq: <https://wiki.personaldata.io/prop/qualifier/>
This replicates the same prefix scheme for Wikidata (see also here).
Example queries here
Many queries on this site use the template Template:SPARQL. You can therefore find these examples by looking for the pages pointing to that exact template.